Sunday Couponing


posted by Jessica on

No comments

So while this week I didn't make any money off my couponing, I did get everything I bought for free. So that was fun. It also resulted in me dramatically coming back home, marching to my living room, turning off the TV and making my family watch as I unveiled all my newly purchased swag for my stockpile. The past two weeks I have really gotten a hold of the whole couponing thing and as a result, every Sunday I ride a my 'coupon high' and basically bother everyone with bragging about my most recent conquests. 

So this week was a pretty small haul. I ended up getting 2 Softsoap body washes retailed at $4.49 each (the shea butter creme smells amazing!), the RevitaLens contact solution at $8.99, CVS brand band-aids at $3.79 and the Revlon nail polish at $4.79.


Here's how it broke down: 

My first transaction was the Softsoap. CVS had them on sale at 2 for $7 and then you receive $5 ExtraBucks. I had $7 ExtraBucks from last week, which got them for me for free.

I then used the $5 ExtraBucks and a $2 Extrabucks from last week and combined with $3 off a $10 healthcare purchase CVS coupon stacked with a $2 off the Revitalens to bring the Revitalens and CVS band-aids to about 80 cents and received $3 ExtraBucks. 

I then used those $3 ExtraBucks to buy the Revlon nail polish, which brought the price down to $1.79 and from that transaction I got $3 more ExtraBucks for next week.

So all in all, I spent about $2.40 for everything but received $3 ExtraBucks making a slight profit of about 60 cents. Not bad!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Leave a Reply