Same Old.. But Some New, Too


posted by Jessica on , ,

No comments

Eek how does time pass by so quickly?

Almost 1 month since I last blogged... I love writing, but it seems my true skills are in my ability to actively not blog.

What have I been up to?

  • Still working at my job at the domestic violence shelter. Seriously, though: never a dull moment. Never.
  • Still in grad school. Twice a week at nights so it's manageable. I like it a lot. Which reminds me I have a paper due next week. Riiiight.
  • Still madly in love with the boytoy. We are almost 1 year together and it's just great and wonderful and hearts and unicorns and rainbows everyday. 
  • Still completely lacking a social life. I work weekends and am either in school or at work. Legit that is my life. #noshame
So everything is still going well. I am finding myself surprised at how I am turning into such a ... townie. The girls at the breakfast place recognize us, I frequent the same stores and get recognized there and any time I am required to be anywhere 40 minutes or farther away, I just dread it. I am what I have always mocked. 

Life is funny.

But, I do have some surprising/exciting/amazing news. 

I am getting a puppy!

A brand new, adorable pint-sized puppy!

So obviously pictures will be posted when he arrives. He is arriving Sunday from North Carolina via car and I will be unable to pick him up since I will be at work. But my parents will be there to greet him and keep him company until I run home at 9pm. 

I can hardly contain my excitement. The past two days I have been running around the apartment "puppy proofing" it. And reading up on training techniques. And buying wee-wee pads. And trying so hard to resist buying bedazzled dog collars. So hard. 

So that is my news! And I know once that little 3lb nugget comes home, I will literally never leave this apartment again. So that basically means I will be filming non-stop videos of my puppy to put up on YouTube and having photoshoots every hour. 

Let the madness begin!

Leave a Reply