2012 Book Challenge


posted by Jessica on

No comments

I watch a lot of TV. And when I say "watch TV", I do not mean that I passionately follow any series or am emotionally and deeply attached to any character on a show. When I 'watch' television, I sit in front of a TV with a laptop propped on my lap and listen mindlessly to hours and hours of HGTV or Investigation Discovery. And before I know it, somehow four hours of my life are gone and all I've learned is how to make end tables work in my bedroom. 

I do not own end tables.

So when I saw some other bloggers doing reading and book challenges, I thought to myself "What a swell idea!". 

I used to inhale books. I could easily finish hundreds of pages in hours, staying up all night in anticipation of what the next page would bring. Nowadays, the most literary-esque thing I have read is People magazine cover to cover. It's bad.

I have been asking around for book clubs but I think the time has come to just start my own book club. Membership: me. 

So you can see how I am doing with my reading in the sidebar and I will also be completing a list of the books I want to complete, along with reviews once I do complete them. Only 11 more months to go!

Leave a Reply