Weekend Recap


posted by Jessica on

No comments

So somehow this weekend passed by in what seemed like seconds, rather than actual days. I hate when that happens. I want to have another nap.

Friday I had first a phone interview with what I thought was a dream job. After speaking with the interviewer, however, I quickly realized how much I did not want this job. Firstly the woman was very brisk and abrupt- edging on rude. That was really off-putting. And the job would have me traveling 50% of the time and sometimes up to a week at a time. I, being the four-year college educated at an amazing and renowned university, assumed that 50% travel meant I would come into work each day for half a day, and then go off and travel to campuses the other half of the day. 

It honestly amazes me at times how I have made it this far in life.

After that interview, I had another one at a career institute for an admissions representative. This interview so much nicer: the lady loved me (I am seriously not used to people not immediately liking me after meeting me. I seek approval from absolute strangers like a meth addict on a Southie corner). I'll hear back to see if I make it to the next round of interviews this week.

Friday night was spent at Chili's. Exciting.

Saturday I had a baby shower. I think it might just be me, but I wanted to rip my eyes out of their sockets. I am still at that incredibly immature stage of life where I see a baby and will cross streets, highways, rivers- anything- to avoid it. I have been getting baby. Last November I even held a baby. Progress. 

Then at night I waited at the bar for Pedro as he finished up working. I learned that when they say that the sizzling, steaming fajita plates are "hot" that they are not lying. Pedro left the table to go grab a drink and I took my opportunity to touch the hot plate. And it was hot. And still today, two days later, I can't feel the tip of my index finger. And this is what a college graduate looks like.

Gorgeous Superbowl cake I labored over for hours.

Sunday was the Super Bowl. I could care less but it meant I got to make a feast for my dad and Pedro who would be broing out and bonding over the big game. They got along great- partly in thanks to the bottle of Herradurra tequila that Pedro brought with him. 

It was a nice, simple weekend. And while in college and while I was out traveling the world, I assumed that life when you settled down would be so boring and horrifying but I am actually really enjoying it. It's funny where life takes you, but sometimes it's better to not question it and just accept it with a smile and a shot of tequila. 

Leave a Reply