Boston Birthday


posted by Jessica on ,

No comments

So this Wednesday was Pedro's 26th birthday. I know, old right? I've started calling him "mi viejo" which basically means "My old". I learned most of my Spanish from Dora the Explorer, so there is definitely room for improvement. Is this why the Chinese are beating us in everything?

Anyways, we decided to make an escape for Boston for a quick 48 hour getaway. Pedro works weekends and only gets one day off a week, so it was nice to sneak away for awhile. And while it was a short time, it felt like forever and it was nice to do some nice normal coupley things. 

Wednesday we grabbed the commuter rail in and ended up finding an Irish-Mexican joint named Jose McIntyre's to have lunch. The food was interesting: they had "Irish Nachos" which were nachos.. with potato chips. It took fusion food to a whole new level.

After that we meandered over to Quincy Market where we scoped out the food. Afterward we walked through the Boston Public Garden and enjoyed the amazing weather. Afterward we made a beeline for a sports bar so I could catch my Barcelona match (we won!)

Boston Public Garden
After that we decided to check in to the nearest hotel where we got upgraded to a city view room (always tell the concierge it's some special occasion and they will always throw in some extras. I was expecting an extra mint, but was happy with the better room). We relaxed around the room, lounged around and then headed off to a romantic and filling dinner in the North End. Dinner was followed by cannolis from Mike's Pastry and then an early night of watching Bloomberg TV. We're a really fun couple.

The next day we grabbed breakfast at Quincy Market, walked miles and miles until we ended up at the Science Museum. Then we ended up in Chinatown for lunch and got lucky and snagged a private tour of the Shubert Theatre with the amazingly kind and gracious Director of Operations. 

On the Shubert Theatre Stage
From there we headed home and grabbed dinner with my dad. I fell into bed exhausted around 9pm (again, I am super cool). It was an amazing two days and it was great to take some pictures, relax with Pedro and do some mini-traveling. 

Tonight plans to be even more exciting with a double-feature of The Vow and some other sappy rom-com I can find. And tomorrow I will post exciting news for all my 1.5 readers! Stay tuned!

Leave a Reply