Isagenix Cleanse: Day One


posted by Jessica on , ,

No comments

I graduated from university at my heaviest weight. This was mainly due to partying like crazy: drinking a lot of fruity, sugary drinks mixed with lots and lots of alcohol, deciding to eat a jumbo slice of pizza at 3am was a good idea due to aforementioned sugary drinks with lots and lots of alcohol, and a general laziness to actually get my ass to the gym. To be fair, I was also a full-time student working two jobs. Basically, I had gotten a little chubsters.

The summer before I was set to go to Chile I made it my personal mission to lose about 20 pounds. And with exercising around once (sometimes twice) a day and eating right, I totally accomplished it. Then the two weeks before Chile after learning my friend was not going there was a general period of just not eating, and then in Chile I was just too poor to eat. So I lost some more weight. The exercise fanatic, turned depressive, turned dirt broke diet was a success!

Then I got back to the States, got a little apathetic and got a boyfriend who doesn't usually get out of work til 9pm and likes to eat chocolate cake and doesn't gain a pound from it. And I noticed that familiar friend of mine, my love handles. Or as my boyfriend refers to them, "my lovely handles".

Regardless, I want them gone. Ahora. So I have been heading to the gym but I've definitely noticed that I am a lot more laissez-faire about it and I really want to get that fire under my butt again. My soon-to-be perfectly toned butt.

This is what the entire program looks like more or less.
So when a family friend mentioned that she started selling the Isagenix system for cleansing the body, I totally thought it was a great idea. I have been eating pretty horribly and I have always wanted to try to do a cleanse to rid my body of all the gross stuff I have eaten and imagine is still lurking somewhere in my body, probably around the spleen area.

So today is the first day. And it's been pretty good so far. I woke up and drank this mixed berry concoction that really wasn't horrible but it totally made me miss my little fruity drinks spiked with 80% vodka.

About 30 minutes later, I took my vitamin pack which made me feel like an 80 year old woman. There's about 6 vitamins in there but... whatever, easy enough. Then came the chocolate shake which was seriously delicious. I actually enjoyed it.

As for initial reactions, I am very impressed. I am not hungry at all. Pre-shake I was definitely hearing my stomach growl. And I am a cranky beast in the AM pre-breakfast.

I hope to make it through the month. One of my favorite activities is to go and get lunch with my boyfriend on the weekend, but I am genuinely curious to see this program through and see my results. I didn't take a start weight because I know how easily it is for me to obsess about weight and weigh myself throughout the day. I go crazy. And for me, the most important part is how I feel and look and I think measurements most accurately capture that.

But the next measure day is the 11th so I will write an update then. Wish me luck!

Leave a Reply